FSX. John Venema confirms that Portland Intl is stopped. The australian designer is temporarily withdrawing from heavy airports. Decision was taken weeks ago. In the meantimes, new airfields have been launched. An avalanche of previews too.
Let's start with Australia.
It's not anymore in the road map but Bathurst airfield (and circuit) will be published eventually, this fall or winter 2011.
Alice Spring will be finished in a month or so.
Moorabbin YMMB is well advanced (see screenshot below).
There is also Wollongong YWOL and of course, New Zeland South Island (pre-pay around Christmas).
Once Essendon YMEN is finished in a month or so, A new project will be launched about.. Queenstown, in New Zeland.
Now about U.S.A.
Orbx is still strongly focusing efforts to complete Pacific Northwest with new airfields.
- Anacortes and Skagit are 50 % done (a first screen below).
- New airfields coming : Jefferson county OS9 near Port Townsend, Swanson 2W3, the private airfield of Fall city, east of Seattle and Monroe W16. (This PNW place will be the best place to fly...).
New airfields will be provided for Central Rockies.
There is also Ketchikan PAKT and Stewart BC in Alaska and Bella Coola in British Columbia.
AND, there is now an airfield project for the east coast.
Now the first previews !
Jefferson airfield, for NA BLUE PNW.
First preview of Moorabbin airpark YMMB in Melbourne.
Essendon Fields YMEN is now on beta stage (It's a mid-size australian airport).
Australien airfield Wollongong YWOL, an other project unveiled.
The very first preview of Anacortes 74S.
Bathurst YBTH in Australia, Mount Panorama.
Some comments on these projects :
* A lot of us are first fans of Pacific Northwest airfields
but Orbx should start to focus on Central Rocky montains.
* Not enough airfields in British Columbia (Orbx says that imagery are way too expensive).
* IF Orbx don't wish to develop heavy intl airports in USA, i suppose that they
will agree - at least - to help developers working on NA BLUE/GOLD layer......