FSX. If you have liked Cushman Meadows, you will probably be found of Stewart CZST, a desolated airfield at the border of Alaska, USA and British Columbia, Canada. This one goes with Orbx Pacific Fjords. It's not just an airfield. It's a 25 sqm area where nature has been enhanced with very detailed textures including the 2 cm/pixel record resolution.
ORBX STEWART CZST : AIRDAILYX HOT TEST
File : 1,05 GB
Version tested : V1.0
Framerate : Very friendly on high core processors.
Manual : 21 pages in english.
Price : 25 € / 33 $ / 32 AUS $
Review : Dom Mason
The facts :
68 nm from Ketchikan (Orbx).
281 nm from Prince George (Simaddons).
Runway : 3 860 feets.
The bad :
* PeopleFlow at their minimum level : very few models and they barely move (an update soon ? )
* The Stewart port is not as much detailed as in reality.
* No bears ! No deers !
The good :
* Of course, the 2 cm/pixel new resolution of ground textures is great
and doesn't impact the framerate.
* Canadian airports are very seldom. This is the first Orbx airfield for Pacific Fjords.
* A short B-737 can land there. Challenging approach.
You could see a lot of screenshots in Orbx forum but almost none
about the town of Stewart. Here are some.
A large photoreal scenery covering the mountains
and the 25 sqm area.
I would have liked more activity...
The scenery also includes two seaplanes bases.
Russell White has mention in the manual that they could not
add AI traffic, considering the steep mountains slopes around the airfield.
But maybe some VehiculeFlow could have improve the scenery here.
3 nm from Stewart and it's Alaska !
Great shadows here.
Very few lights at night.
More on this scenery ?
Hot test format copyright Airdailyx May 2012