FSX. An established know-how in scenery design. The 6th large scenery. Improved technics in trees autogen.
Orbx New Zealand South Island
Hot test Part 2
Mesh, Autogen, textures
After some minors problems occured after a conflict between Antactica X and NZ SI (Limesim has released a patch), i explored the island on slew mode. The variety of reliefs is impressive : mountains, peaks, valleys, plains etc. And the South island is large enough to plan some good flights even with a liner. There are probably some 7, 8 or may be 9 airports long enough to use a liner.
You will expore seclusive valleys (Milford Sound), large urban cities (Christchurch, Nelson), or industrial regions (in the west of Intercargill). New Zealand south island is also a good platform for some long trip to Antarctica...
The Bad :
* Waterfalls displays not very realistic.
* Autogen positioning can be improved (this is still "hand-placed" autogen)
A few editors are now working on effective 3D autogens.
* No seasonal textures. (explanation ? very few contrasts in textures)
The good :
* Incredible diversity of landscapes, variety of trees.
* Very long spin of life (2/3 years ?) with a hundred of geographic points of interest.
* Powerful combination between a 10 m mesh + photoreal areas + new trees.
Various trees everywhere
Trees shadows everywhere (textures only)
A comparison between reality and FSX NZSI
The main airport of Invercargill
Another comparison in Invercargill