FSX. A gorgeous laminated postcard, an exotic destination... Emilios Gemenetzidis has worked more than 8 months on this project. Corfu X is most probably the second best greek airport - ever - for FSX.
Aerosoft Live in FSX CORFU X
Installation : Standard and very easy.
File : 414 MB
Manual : 17 pages (many explanations fps optimization).
Framerate : All options deactivated : very friendly* (FPS =13-17) on full FSX settings.
All options activated : low* (fps 7,5- 13) on full FSX settings.
* on a quadcore 2,33 Ghz, ATI HD5850, 8 MBram and 1 screen 1240 x 1080 x 32
Aircrafts used : Quality wings B757 and PMDG NGX
Several nice greek airports have been launched last year ; Aerosoft Kos, GAP Rodos X, Live in FSX Zante X, Aerosoft Santorini etc.... With Fly Tampa Athens great addition and now Corfu, it's a real pleasure to fly in this country and flying over thousands of islands. I like Corfu because this greek airport is not too far from western european countries.
Corfu X is not just an airport. It's a very large island covered with photoreal textures and mesh, a gorgeous old city and the airport. And Kerkira LGKR offers an incredible approach on runway 35, where pilots will be distracted by dozens of eye candies. I am not even talking about poetic approaches at dusk...
The bad :
* As usual, i would have liked 1 or 2 local static aircrafts (of some regional airlines) because on VATSIM and IVAO, airports look totally empty sometimes.
* AFCAD file seems to be there but not really effective. I don't see a lot of liners. Just some VFR/regionals.
* With all options activated, the framerate is weak on low and mid-size processors (these options are not totally essential, though, and can be adjusted via the manager tool).
The good :
* Very low price for the package : photoreal island + detailed city and surroundings + Airport
(18 € / 25 $).
* The location of this place, between Italy and Greece. The dozen of surrounding islands and Pantokrator mount help making approaches fabulous. If you want to discover Europe, this is probably one of the ten best places to land (my opinion !).
* High quality work.
The manager tool to activate/deactivate 3D grass, animations sailboat...
It's not a "heavy" airport, more of a mid size. But all the buildings, from the smallest
to the largest are made with realistic textures.
The old city of Corfu.
Hmm. I would have liked some real transparencies but from the cockpit, at gate,
we don't really see any differencies.
Note the details of the ground textures.
The famous runway 35 approach includes hundreds of details.
Find the best place to spot aircrafts.
More screenshots here :
Hot test format copyright Airdailyx