FSADDON+ THE STORCH FIESELER
Version tested : FSX V.1
Compressed file : 197,6 MB. Manual : Yes. 38 pages.
Installation : very easy.
Framerate : negligible.
Where to find it : FSADDON+ official sim-shop : Silvercloud-store.com
Back in Europe darkest times. The Fieseler is used on every front ; liaison, directing artillery fire, spy and recon missions and even ambulance. The aircraft developed here has many options to simulate these operations ; a monted machine gun, a co-pilot reading his map, stacked beds for wounded soldiers etc. All in all, ten models and variations, most of them under german Luftwaffe liveries or ambulances. (maybe next time for the Morane-Saulnier livery). The package is released with a paintkit, anyway.
Easy to fly, this aircraft will give you formidable restful times between two long flights on liners.
On my first test, i was immediately amazed by the number of animated parts. How many ? A hundred, possibly, if you count all the external moving parts, the virtual cockpit levers, pilots and special effects etc. There are also some rare animations like the famous wing folding (see the video below) or the flare box. I was also impressed by the windshield glass reflexion effects.
To my knowledge, FSADDON+ doesn't plan a FS9 version, considering the time needed to develop this one. The FSX version might be completed (it still not decided but possible) by some new DDS format textures and some custom missions.
The Bad :
* Lack of civilian liveries. Among the dozen of collectors in the world, maybe some of them have repainted their Storch. I would have liked some original liveries.
* The machine gun don't work (for those who want things realistic).
The Good :
* Impressive number of animated/moving parts.
* The combination : restful aircraft + STOL capability. This aircraft can take off from almost everywhere and will land every where.
* A 38 pages manual with all the details ; history, variants, functions, how to activate animated parts etc.
A dozen of models, with wheels or skis.
A monted machine gun at rear seat.
Virtual cockpit at night.
Co-pilot reading a map.
Wings folding animation