FSX. Halifax is not new but it has been updated several times. More informations on Simaddons and this canadian airport.
Halifax CYHZ Hot test
Version tested : base pack Halifax lite. (full coverage on the airport and city). Update May 2011.
(the full pack simply adds more airfields).
Installation : Step by step. Easy. Don't miss the scenery manager.
File : 144 mb.
Framerate : friendly. 15 fps and more from a Quad core 2,33 ghz / ATI HD5850 / 8 MB / 1 screen resolution 1024 * 1280 x 32
Halifax CYHZ is a large airport in Nova Scotia, Canada, near the Atlantic ocean coast.
Of course, in winter, the airport endures heavy weather conditions : snow, ice, cold temperatures...
To develop Halifax (and probably its other airports), Simaddons uses Simconnect utility that provides custom effects in FSX. A lot of custom options for the airport and the city can be set via the scenery manager. There are also 7 more menus for the follow me, the windsock or the ice conditions. This menu will give you a total control on your real ice conditions in the airport. This totally enhances defaut ice condition in FSX.
The bad :
* There are travellers everywhere in terminals, waiting for their flight. Unfortunately, they awfully look like cartoons people.
The good :
* Impressive effects of snow and ice on runways and apron. You can even add snow borders along the runway.
* Impressive animations of : de-icing, jetways, ground power unit, hangars opening.
* High definition textures on a lof of hangars, terminals, grounds. (I must say that the screenshots from Simaddons website are far from the real scenery visible quality).
* Good price (Base Pack lite QYHZ is at 30 canadian dollars, 22 euros, 31 US $).
Who is Simaddons ? : This company is based in Switzerland and was founded in 2006. The developer has set his own conditions for purchase and download. Considering the quality of his products, i approve.
It appears that Ottawa airport is the last product, released in june. It's a pity we cannot have more and frequent news about their projects. There is not even a date of release. For that, i disapprove !If Ottawa CYOW is indeed the last scenery, that totally explains why AeroFiles put his own work on hold... Unfortunately, AeroFiles don't like to communicate neither...
De-icing operation in winter. Fantastic ! And the sound too.
Several large hangars, CanJet, Canada Jazz and more.
You gonna need some time to operate the door but it works.
More on this designer :
Hot test Copyright Airdailyx July 2011