Keflavik Intl. BIKF
FS9 and FSX. The unavoidable airport to complete Iceland X. Special price applied. Lack of animations but great textures.
Version tested : Keflavik X FSX V.1.0.
Main developer : Thorsten Reichert (Cuzco, Larnaca, Iceland X and many more...).
File : 234 mb (FSX) 186 (FS9)
Installation : simple but as usual now, you need 5 mn more to update the launcher.
Framerate : very friendly. More than 15 fps on this config :
(quad core 2,33 Ghz, ATI H5850, 8 m.ram. 1 screen 1024 x 1080 x 32 ATI settings at max quality).
A few months ago, the choice to release Iceland without Keflavik was unappropriate. The Rekjavik airport runways are too short for the usual mid-range aircraft. With Keflavik, ti's time to use the Boeing NG or the Airbus. For an inside flight to IsafJörour, Egilsstaoir or an international flight toward Europe.
As promised, Keflavik is sold with a discount for Iceland previous owners. So you get a good rebate if you bought Iceland a few months ago (in my case) or if you buy both products together now.
The bad :
* Lack of animations around the airport. Curiously i didn't see AES lite (but i will check and update this point if i am wrong). But i didn't see custom road traffic neither.
* There are at least three marvelous hangars but you cannot activate the door. Too bad. Since what i saw in Simaddons sceneries, i am more demanding !
* I would have liked 2 or 3 typical static aircrafts. The cargo area is really empty...
The good :
* You will be impressed by the quality of textures everywhere, especially on front buildings. Some ground textures look like best Orbx sceneries. And the developer really tuned the definition very well in order to get great framerates.
* Really good seasonal textures.
* Since Zurich, Aerosoft really improved itself in night lightings.
* Really fair price with the Iceland X discount.
Main terminal. Textures give a realistic impression of reality and materials.
Nice but i would have like to see inside the terminal.
Irreproachable ground textures
Can't open the hangar !
Great hangar with some rusty textures
Orbx gorgeous kind of texture.
Many details on windows...
Dusk time on winter.
Copyright Airdailyx July 2011