Business. On the flight sim market, the year 2010 has mostly been described as a gloomy period. We can record 34 launchs in first term (trimester), 30 in 2nd term, 40 in 3rd term and 43 and the last one../..
* This first term 2011, january to march, we record 34 new launchs as well. No growth compared with the 1st term 2010.
* Prices have not risen. You can check that most designers didn't change their price from 1st term 2010 to 1st term 2011.
* In the meantime, the FS9/FSX ratio has shown a significant change ;
- 1st term 2010, FS9=14 FSX=20
- 2ndterm 2010, FS9=12 FSX=18
- 3rdterm 2010, FS9=17 FSX=23
- 4th term 2010, FS9=18 FSX=25
- 1st term 2011, FS9=08 FSX=26
If we compare the 1st terms 2010/2011, FS9 products drop of 43 %, FSX products raise of 30 %.
- And of course, last year, FSX products weight 58,5 % of the overall launchs.
- In the first term 2011, FSX products weight 76,5 %.
- A lot of heavy aircrafts editors have now definitely choose FSX (PMDG, Flight Sim Labs, Aerosoft, Enigma etc.)
*This structural change shall be interpreted as a new chance. If editors can concentrate on one platform, their productivity shall raise. But the history isn't finish. A lot of us are staying on FS9 and two new platforms might be launched this year ; Flight ? Aerosoft 2012 ? X Plane 10 ? Make your choice.